The “low bar” back squat, as seen on the far right, places the glutes, hamstrings and adductors in a position of optimum contracting potential making this variation of the squat the most effective for developing max strength.
“I’ve struggled with getting and staying in shape for as long as I can remember. Indeed, when you’re miserably out of shape, “just get in shape” isn’t a concept you can even grasp much less do something concrete about. And to make it harder, if you do something toward improving it, you can’t tell immediately or even after a week that anything has changed. In fact, you could spend all day working on getting in shape, and a week later you might have nothing at all to show for it.
This is the kind of demotivator that can jump right up and beat you into submission before you even get started.
I’ve recently been working on this very problem in earnest. Going to the gym almost daily, eating better–the works. But even when I’m getting with the program in a serious way, it’s hard to see the results. As I was wallowing in my demotivation one recent evening, my friend Erik Kastner posted a message to Twitter with the following text:
Help me get my $%!^ in shape…ask me once a day: “Was today better than yesterday?” (nutrition / exercise) – today: YES!
When I read this I realized that it was the ticket to getting in shape. I recognized it from the big problems I have successfully solved in my life. The secret is to focus on making whatever it is you’re trying to improve and make better today than it was yesterday. That’s it. It’s easy. And, as Erik was, it’s possible to be enthusiastic about taking real, tangible steps toward a distant goal.”
Time for grass-fed meat orders!! Ted Slanker (owner of Slanker’s Grass Fed Meats) is a great American and very well-versed in the benefits of grass fed meat. He has worked with Loren Cordain (author of Paleo Diet and Paleo Diet for Athletes).
The minimum order is 10lbs. You must place your order by Friday, August 7th.
HERE’S HOW TO ORDER–
1. Go to the website ORDER page and look about 3 paragraphs down at the chart with a bunch of links (different kinds of meats). It gives pricing and cuts of each type.
2. Once you’ve figured what you want to order, go to this page and write down your name, your order and the total cost.
3. If we order over 130lbs of meat we get a 8% and if we order over 200lbs we get a 12% discount. THIS IS AS HIGH QUALITY AS IT GETS FOR AN INCREDIBLE PRICE.
4. Once we get at least 130 lbs of meat, I’ll place the order. You can pick your meat up at the gym. The meat stays good for 2 days after delivery in the shipping boxes (foam packed with dried ice).
5. We’ll announce on the Blog when the shipment will arrive.
6. Please take advantage of us and this offer. We truly want our athletes to reap the maximum benefits from their nutrition. This is one of those huge steps you can take. We get absolutely nothing from this, just the opportunity to get our athletes on the path to optimal health and fitness.
This is an Adinkra Symbol. The wawa tree, a hard African wood, is revered for its quality as a medium for carving. Its seeds are extremely hard and serve as a symbol in Akan culture of strength, toughness, and perseverance.
The Tribe shares space, equipment, and friendly competition with the stellar athletes of Steve's Club. Steve's Club is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization offering young athletes (and non-athletes) of Camden, NJ world-class coaching, community and training techniques used by elite and professional athletes worldwide to help strengthen the foundation of our future. Please visit the site to find out more about how you can make a difference.
Balanced Bites Nutrition Guide
Skintervention Purely Paleo Skincare
Weekly Endurance Wod’s
READ FIRST: Endurance WOD's are meant to be a SUPPLEMENT to the daily Crossfit WOD, not a replacement. Endurance WOD's should only be done 3+ hours before/after a traditional Crossfit WOD or on rest days.